Thursday 3 March 2016

My Guide to Make Up Brushes

Hello everyone and welcome back to The Curious Case of K.J. Crockett!

In this weeks post, I'm going to be talking about the must have tool for anyone's make up bag, Brushes. 
For most products, you are going to need a brush to help assist you apply your make up. Therefore, I decided to give you some advice on the sort of brushes I use to apply mine.

Foundation

My preferred technique to applying my foundation is to buff it into my skin. My two favourite types of buffing brushes have to be either Real Techniques Expert Face Brush or Sigma Round Kabuki Brush. These brushes are perfect at buffing in your foundation and gives you a beautiful air brushed look.

For those of you who prefer a more heavier coverage of your foundation, I highly recommend the MAC 190 Foundation Brush. Buffing brushes give you a medium amount of coverage, but it can be built up, whereas a flat foundation brush gives you a more heavier coverage, and I feel that this brush does it perfectly.

Concealer

You can use all sorts of different types of brushes for your concealer, but my preferred kind is a smaller brush, as they fit under the eye perfectly. The brush I use is the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. This brush was originally made for eyeshadow, but I feel it is prefect for applying you under eye concealer as it's the perfect size.

Bronzer

My favourite bronzer brush has to be the MAC 168 Large Contour Brush. This is the perfect brush to give you that gorgeous, contoured look. MAC brushes are fabulous, and there is such a huge variety of them, and this brush is must have.

Eyeshadow

For eyeshadow, there are all kinds of different brushes. I feel a girl can never have to many eyeshadow brushes, but I'm just going to name a couple for essential.

For blending, my favourite is the B. Eyeshadow Blending Brush.  This brush is the perfect size for blending you eyeshadow in, and it is utterly brilliant.

For the crease, my go to brush is the MAC 228 Mini Shader Brush. It fits perfectly into my crease, and gives a perfectly precise line for shading. I absolutely love it.

Blusher

As I mentioned in my previous post, I feel blusher completes an everyday make up look. I couldn't apply my blush without my Real Techniques Blush Brush. It is such an amazing brush, it applies absolutely any blush perfectly.

I hope you enjoyed this post and learnt from it. I know how tough it is when you're new to make up and building up your collection, and finding the right products and tools for you. My main aim in this blog is to help those of you who are new to make up and are looking for somewhere to go to for advice. I just want to pass on my knowledge onto you guys!

Until next time,
Katy x





1 comment:

  1. Very great article!!https://www.afu.ac.ae/en/Library-overview/

    ReplyDelete