Sunday 14 September 2014

Is It Just Me?

Well Hello there, blog world. What day is it? Sunday! One of my favourite days, because..... ROAST DINNER!
So, today I thought I would write a post about my little hates in life and question Is It Just Me? Yes, you're going to learn about what really gets my blood boiling, and my O.C.D fired away.

1. Turned On Plug Sockets

One of the most annoying things, that I come across in day-to-day life. On a plug socket, when nothing is plugged in, but yet, it's still switched on and the red side is facing upwards. I don't know if it's my father in me, thinking about wasting electricity, or whether it's just my O.C.D kicking in, when the other switch is off.

2. Human Hairs on Jumpers

One of my main O.C.D problems is when people have dark coloured jumpers/cardigans and they're covered in shiny human hairs. The most annoying times this happens is when you are sitting on a public bus, and the person sitting in front of you has a few hairs on them, which you are itching to remove from them, but don't want to seem like some sort of weirdo touching strangers. So, in the end, I just sit there, trying to hold my hand back my hand from grabbing the hairs off. I end up looking like I have an arm with a life of its own and I have to control it.

3. Last Minute Changes

Surely I can't be the only one who finds this annoying. When you arrange plans with someone, and you're looking forward to it, and you're all ready to go and meet them, and just as you leave the house, the other person messages/texts you saying that 'Something has come up' or 'I can't come anymore'. I get so annoyed with that person at first and go into a bad mood with them. But usually in the end, I see sense, and I become tamed again.

4. Even Volume Numbers

You're sitting in the car and listening to the radio, in your room and your iPod is on shuffle or you're just listening to a CD. Suddenly, your favourite song comes on (For me 'Dark Horse' by Katy Perry or 'Classic' by MKTO) and you just have to turn the volume up. At this point, my OCD kicks in and the volume HAS to be on a even number. In my view, odd numbers are bad luck, so it always has to be even.

5. Pencil Case and Book Arrangement on Table

Now, at school, you always have to have your pencil case (for me, pencil caseS because I have one for ordinary stuff and another one for just fine liners) and your homework planner out on the table with you in a lesson. My O.C,D always kicks in at this point and my planner has to be at the corner of the table, with my two pencil cases on top of it. This is probably the only time in my life that I am organised and neat.

Well, reader chums, now you know more about me. What really annoys me, and my OCD habits. Hopefully I won't be the only person who gets annoyed about these things...
Until Next Time
Katy x 

No comments:

Post a Comment