Saturday 20 February 2016

Drugstore Make Up Starter Kit

Hello everyone and welcome to The Curious Case of K.J.Crockett!

So in today's post, I'm going to be listing my favourite Drugstore Make Up. I know that quite a few of my readers are in there teens, and I thought this would be a really helpful post for those of you who are just starting up their make up collection, or who are wanting to know some good brands in your local drugstore. I might have mentioned a few of the products in my previous post, but that was mixture of High End make up and Drugstore make up, where as this post is purely about the Drugstore brands.
Here in England, we call it a High Street Shop, but in most other places around the world, people refer to it as a Drug store

Foundation

My favourite drugstore foundation has to be the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation.
It gives an amazing coverage, comes in a variety of skin tone colours and with a cost of only £7.99, I think it is an amazing price for such a brilliant foundation.

Concealer

Like I said in my previous post, my all time favourite concealer is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. It is an utterly fantastic concealer, and I feel it is a must have for any of you who are starting out, and finding the right products for you.

Powder

My go to drugstore powder has to be the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. It compliments your skin really nicely, and it keeps your foundation in place.

Mascara

The best mascara of all time has to be the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. It gives your lashes great volume, doesn't make them go clumpy, and it multiplies them beautifully.

Eye Liner

For eyeliner, I had to pick the L'Oreal Super Liner. For most beginners, eye liner can be a little tricky to get right, but trust me, practise makes perfect, and this eyeliner is brilliant for those of you who are new to makeup, or even just eye liner. It's a lovely Gel Liner, that makes your eyes stand out amazingly.

Eyeshadow

Now, as you all know, I am a very big fan of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes for my eye shadow, but they are on the higher end of the price scale, and I know not all of you will be able to afford it. A brilliant substitute for the Naked Palettes is the MUA (Make Up Academy) Eyeshadow palette called 'Undress Me Too'. The colours in the palette are absolutely beautiful, and are perfect to get that smokey eye look.

Blusher

The best drugstore blush is the Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher. My favourite out of all of them i the colour 34, Rose D'or, as it gives your cheeks a lovely, peachy glow and it compliments your make up look beautifully.

Bronzer

One of my favourite bronzers from when I first started my make up collection is The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder. It gives a wonderful contoured look, and if you apply it right, it gives your cheeks that amazing 3D look.

Lips

You can give your lips a variety of different looks. Bold red, dainty pink or a Natural nude. I'm going to suggest 3 lip products for that variety.

For the Bold Red, I have to go with the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the colour 107. This is a beautiful dark red and is perfect for any occasion.

For Dainty Pink, I have chosen the Barry M lipstick in the colour Pretty Pink. It is a gorgeous pink lipstick, that I feel will suit most skin tones, and will compliment any outfit.

Finally, for the Natural Nude, I have got to choose the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in the colour 206. This lipstick looks absolutely stunning on whoever wears it and is the perfect nude lipstick.

Brushes

I'm unable to choose one brush in particular, my go to brand for Make up Brushes is Real Techniques. All of the brushes I have used from this brand have been absolutely amazing, and there is pretty much a brush for every step of make up I can think of.

I hope you guys have enjoyed this post, and I hope it helps! Leave any requests or suggestions down below in the comments. I'd just like to say a massive thank you to all of you, as I now have 50,000 readers! It means so much that my blog has gone so far, and it has reached so many people from all over the world!

Until next time,
Katy x




1 comment:

  1. great stuff..https://www.afu.ac.ae/en/sru/vision-and-mission/

    ReplyDelete